Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
I've recently been reading Jared Diamond's books. These are the "missing" history books that I wish I had in high school. If you have ever considered picking up one of his books, I can highly recommend both Collapse and the Third Chimpanzee. Next I will be reading Gun, Germs and Steel.For now, Collapse is one of the ten most influential books I have ever read.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
- Tim-Berners Lee started it. He said a list of links is content.
- PowerPoint promoted the a. idea b. concept c. meme
- Yahoo started with lists and a Google list is common as bread
- Digg.com is just full of 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 Best and Worst content
- HTMLers love lists and dl, ol, ul and li
- CSSers love to distort lists into navigation or calendars or read A List Apart
- CNet is video podcasting even to TiVo, the top 5 or 10 lists every 7 days
- NY Times and WP love to tell you about the most read, emailed or blogged lists
- Keith Olbermann even delivers news via the Countdown list of stories
- Are we so 2 dimensional that a top 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 list is how we communicate 2 each other?
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Many times we forget that that person who writes the story does not write the headline. So no shame on Miguel Helft, but the headline is awful bordering on disgusting. Can we not do better in this age when most college graduates are women? Would the headline write had written "Can He Turn ...".